Bethel New Life Evaluation - Phases 1 and 2
(Phase One: 05/1998-06/1999; Phase Two: 03/2000-09/2001)
This research documented the indicators of community change in a disadvantaged community on Chicago's West Side. The evaluation helped determine the impact of a community-based organization's programs on the quality of life in the community. This project was funded, in part, by a grant to Bethel New Life from the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
A final report of the 1st phase was entitled "Documenting the Process and Impact of Bethel New Life's Community Development Efforts in West Garfield Park" and was completed 6/99. Along with extensive staff training, a report was completed at the end of the 2nd phase. It was entitled "Implementing an Outcomes Framework in Community Based Organizations: A Self-Directed Guide."
- L. Von Dreele, CURL
- D. Kruger, Graduate Fellow, Psychology
- L. Rodriquez, Graduate Fellow, CORD
- Y. Suarez-Balcazar, Psychology, Loyola University
- R. Block, Sociology, Loyola University
- Anita Jayaraj, Bethel New Life
- Mary Nelson, Bethel New Life