Healthy Teens 2000
(09/01/1997 – 06/30/1999)
Loyola's School of Nursing was awarded a grant in 1994 to establish a peer mentoring and health advocacy program with teens in Maywood. The 3-year project's grant from the Health of the Public Campaign was not renewed in 1997. CURL supported Carolyn Johnson, the coordinator of Healthy Teens, as the first CURL Graduate Community Fellow, allowing Ms. Johnson to work toward her master's degree in nursing while restructuring Healthy Teens as an on-going, sustainable project.
The project received funding for the next phase. The coordinator, Carolyn Johnson, received a master's degree. CURL supported Ms. Johnson to attend health advocacy training in Washington, D.C.
- L. Von Dreele, CURL
- C. Johnson, Graduate Fellow, School of Nursing
- I. Androwich, Nursing, Loyola University
- S. Haas, Nursing, Loyola University
- J. Scully, Nursing, Loyola University
- B. Mahler, Undergraduate Fellow
- Healthy Teens